Saturday, March 30, 2013

So, about that book, Part II

Standard
You see that query letter down there? *points to the post below* Yeah, the one I worked on for weeks and sent out only to get rejected? Yeah, ignore it. Act like it doesn't exist. Why? Because in some ways, that book doesn't exist. After prayer and thought, I have decided to overhaul my book. It's still the Blakes, its still about Stevie, it still has superpowers and awesome super-fights, it's still got time travel...but it's different.

And honestly, it's awesome. Anyone who knows me knows I'm the last person to compliment myself, but this re-write is 100x better already. Funny what prayer can do.

So, when I get the query done for the new, more awesome book, I'll post it up here. Until then, I'll keep you updated on my journey of re-writing: what to keep, what not to keep, that is the question.

 Right now, I'm working on a chapter that has many of the same elements of one in the previous version and the same motivation - to introduce our villain, Artimus D. Smiles, a former sidekick with a flair for bright clothing and who talks like his nose is constantly plugged up. Don't let that fool you, though. Smarty Artie (he hates that nickname) is bad with a capital B. Or at least he thinks he is ;-).

Until next time.

A.C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment