Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hellooo out there

Standard
*Crickets*

I know this place is dead.

I know I'm probably just writing this for myself.

However. . .

I'm back!

I had to step away from the online literary world for a bit. Well, by the looks of it, for about a year.

The online literary world is great, don't get me wrong. Tons of awesome people, awesome advice, awesome tips and insight.

But. . .

Of course, there's a but.

But once you start reading all of the blogs, the critiques, the tips, the do's and don'ts, it can become the biggest ball of yarn in your brain, full of knots that make it nearly impossible to see the core.

For me, my core is my book.

I've used the past year to step back, re-evaluate things, and re-write my book. I purposely avoided the online literary world. I can honestly say it was the best thing I've done for my book and for myself as a writer. I took the knowledge I gained, ate it, and stepped away from the table to let it digest. As a result, I have a better book.

A much, much, MUCH better book.

Another thing my time away has taught me is patience. Yes, it is my life long dream to be published, and since that means so much to me, it's okay that it takes time to get there. So, if that means taking a year to start from scratch and write a book, then that's what I will do.

That's what I did.

I'm back and happier with my book than I've ever been.

And that's what matters.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. Yes, your book should be the priority. Sometimes we forget this with all the blog-post-like-tweet and the rest.

    ReplyDelete